This post will be updated with all the latest build photos and such.
- The parts start arriving (Motor Faders in this case) – better get cracking on construction.
- CNCing out the capacitive buttons using a Denford CNC milling machine.
- See (2).
- The reason we’re using a floating head and not trying to use the CNC to cut the boards to size.
- A completed button board wired up to one of the Sparkfun capacitive boards, following the guide here. – The board eventually stopped working as the internal i2c pullups were sending through 5V. In later versions, I’ve disabled the internal pullups and now pull-up to 3.3V.
- CNCing the panels for the faders to be mounted in.
- The reason we decided to use acrylic – cooling is an issue with aluminium.
- A fader panel with motor faders mounted and all wired up, spaghetti-style.
- The wooden case coming together with a fader panel resting on it.
- The wooden case completed with a black panel of acrylic mounted on the base. The motherboard is now mounted securely into the acrylic base panel. The other components are yet to be mounted.
Photos yet to be uploaded: functioning Fader Module Slave IC.